Railroad Forums 

• *** SHARE YOUR MODEL RAILROAD ACTION PHOTOS

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#910421  by zablocki22

Hello there everyone,

The SD70 the HJ&J RR Shops was working on last week was finished. I found it in JW Yard getting ready to lash up with another unit and its train.

A couple of the local railfans were by the JW Interlocking waiting for the train and any others that might show up.

The NS #2530 finally was headed out of the yard and on its way.

Here the train is getting a roll by from some of the tower crew.

Saw some CSX local power sitting in the ADM facility.

A signal maintainer showed up to do some maintenance.

Caught one more train before I had to leave, Amtrak #838...oh well...time to go.

Happy Model Railroading!

Vincent Zablocki
 #912888  by Montrealrail

I just started adding scenery to my layout,but I can show you two interesting picture

VIA 917 P42 and LRC cars,the P42 was originally an Athearn blue-box serie AMD103,repainted to VIA colours

and there,3 CN RDC,also Athearn Blue-box series,one RDC-4 and two RDC-1,all in original Athearn paint.I just add the black bottom for the wheels..
2 dummies and one powered..
 #926864  by Cosmo

Ok guys,
...since Spring has sprung, here's a few shots from out back.

...and of the new live-steamer I got over the winter:

Enjoy! :smile:
 #926883  by Cosmo

green_elite_cab wrote:
Love that terrain! looks good!
Thanks, although 99% of the credit goes to Mother Nature. :wink:

SO DO YOU!:P
I was wondering when someone would catch that! :smile"
 #926970  by ns3010

Great work guys! And now for a more humble contribution...

Since November, I've been making massive headway on my layout. I finished up benchwork, laid all the track (finally finished it last month after replacing a broken turnout and installing the last bumpers), begun wiring, and have a large part of the scenery completed. After getting back to work in the summer, I will work on finishing up scenery and building my rolling stock fleet. As of now, I have no passenger cars, only a handful of freight cars, and none of my freight fleet has decals. I hope to buy a bunch of NJT "Comet" passenger cars, various freight cars, custom decals for everything, and decoders for all my locomotives.

Anyway, for now, here is a short switching video featuring undecaled Tri State Rail GP50-3 4300, my undecaled freight fleet, my unbalasted track, unpaved parking lots, and backdropless layout/ :-)

Tri State Rail BY-1(20) Switching

Enjoy!
 #926971  by Cosmo

daylight4449 wrote: On another note, why do you get all the cool toys? :smile
"Why?" or "Where?"
If you mean "where," mostly ebay. The live steamer I got online via (iirc) LSOL forums.
If you mean "Why?"
Cuz it's FUN! :razz:
 #926976  by 3rdrail

Beautiful job, Cosmo ! I've never seen a live steamer. I'm assuming that you get some nice steam effects out of those babies. Must be really nice, especially in cold weather. Do they need a warm-up ? Keep the pics coming-they're great !
 #926980  by Cosmo

Thanks Paul!
The Aristo LS Mike iss fairly "user friendly," but...
mine iss a "1'st Run" model, so it has it's quirks.
Takes me about 10-20 min to set her up, (fill the boiler, add fuel, etc...) and about another 10-15 min tops to get up steam, depending on the fuel and outside temps and all.
She makes plenty of visible steam when she's hot, and with 10 amps in the track, I can get her and her electric sister to run together, just not on opposite ends of the train :wink:
I've got other pics I've loaded "en masse" to some other sites, [NO! Not THAT one!] I'll get them up on here as well.
 #926997  by 3rdrail

Get a nice long audio of a steam locomotive shop during a workday with all the pops, hisses, blow-offs, etc. Swear back and forth with the other "road personnel". Take a swig of whiskey when nobodies looking out of a cleverly pocketed flask, puff on a nice cigar. It'll be just like being in Altoona !
 #927008  by Cosmo

3rdrail wrote:Get a nice long audio of a steam locomotive shop during a workday with all the pops, hisses, blow-offs, etc. Swear back and forth with the other "road personnel". Take a swig of whiskey when nobodies looking out of a cleverly pocketed flask, puff on a nice cigar. It'll be just like being in Altoona !
Wait'll I build my 1:29 replica of the Bartlett roundhouse...
...with all 8 stalls! :D
 #927011  by 3rdrail

Be the Roundhouse, Cosmo. Be the Roundhouse.