Railroad Forums 

• What railroad do yu model?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#9370  by SLR 393

I model the St. Lawrence & Atlantic (SLR), the B&M and the MEC. All in the North Country. My current layout I just started features the Groveton area. I use two eras - one with the B&M and Grand Trunk serving Groveton, and also the MEC Beechers Falls Branch, and modern time with SLR and a little NHVT for fun.

#16175  by John_Perkowski

When the equipment comes out of storage, and the space for a pike comes available, I'm going to have an international, multi-era, passenger terminal and line operation...

A couple of heavyweight consists...

City of wherever with domes AND American Milemaster....

DB TEE

DB TEN overnight express train

City of Salina M-10000 (thanks Mom!)

Mail and express train...
 #17853  by treyba

I plan to model the old Missouri & North Arkansas when space is available. In my concept, the railroad built to Little Rock and then to Springfield, Mo. I will model the line from Springfield, Mo to Harrison, Ark, maybe to Gilbert, Ark. I envision this railroad as a Regional line from Kansas City to Little Rock. Perhaps Frisco's High Line will play a role north of Springfield.

#22655  by x600

Hi Guys,
Just dropped in and was happy to see all the N activity again, and the E-L/ Northeast modelers. I have been in N since the 70s. I don't have a layout at this time but I belong to an N-Trak club here in the Seattle area. This allows me to run all kinds of long trains (DL&W,E-L,Erie,D&H,L&NE). I have an extensive collection of these roads and run most of it.
I am planning a layout to include Scranton Yard as 16 to 20 feet of N-Trak modules connecting to a climb up the Poconos built along the wall. I'm still working on the staging yard and return loop details and hope to start benchwork by the end of the year.
Right now I have our club "Why" and loop modules set up in my garage for maintenance and general sprucing up for the NMRA NTS N-Trak layout. It gives me the opportunity to "Test" track work. :D
http://mrns.homestead.com/mrns.html
As soon as I figure out how to post some pictures, I'll post a few.
Greg O.

#29571  by thirdrail

I model the PRR. Originally I modeled it in the transition era, mainly because steam power was hard to find that would negotiate the tight curves on my small railroad. However, since the advent of the MDC Roundhouse 2-8-0's and 2-6-0's am slowly regressing in time period - might go as far back as the 1920's.

Here's one of my two H3b's: