Railroad Forums 

• feeder track

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#51186  by bncsx

IM at the very beginning of building my first layout, (N-Scale) :-D
I would like my fellow modellers opinions on power to the track.
I have read that a feeder should be installed every 3-4 ft to maintain the corerct amount of power to the layout. I am going with a double oval with some industrial spurs, for a start. The table size is roughly 38" X 96"
connecting to a smaller oval about 30" x 60" . I plan on adding much more track to it, but this is a good start for me.
Thanks for your opinions !!