• HO McHenry Type E couplers - double shelf?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Sir Ray

Alright, so I read in this month's Model Railroader that McHenry is introducing HO scale Upper and Lower Shelf couplers (and also that Kadee is introducting lower Shelf Type F couplers, but that's another story). These would be AAR type E 'double-shelf' couplers, which are mandatory on modern-era tank cars.
Great, I have a dozen tank cars which require double shelf couplers.
But when I checked McHenry's site http://www.mchenrycouplers.com/products.htm#SE, it looks like the Type E's are listed as only Lower Shelf (and thanks for not having images of them on your site, guys - I know they are only couplers, but still!).
So, what's the deal - are there really double shelf couplers coming on the market and the web-site is not current, or was it a mistake in Model Railroader, or is the wording in the project announcement really, really bad?

by steemtrayn

McHenry's ad on page 32, Sept. RMC has a photo of their lower shelf coupler.

by XBNSFer

Nice to see scale size couplers becoming more widely available, but there's still nothing that compares with THESE...

http://user.icx.net/~sergent/