Railroad Forums 

• MDC parts

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#46036  by EDM5970

Does anyone know of a hobby shop that has MDC steam parts in stock? I need a boiler for a 2-6-0, and want to rebuild some of my other steam power with ATSF cabs. I had read earlier on this forum that MDC was pretty mcuh impossible to deal with, due to the Horizon takeover. Or have things settled down?

#49290  by EDM5970

Anybody?

And Horizon still hasn't responded to an email sent on Monday. I guess they don't want my business.

#49432  by scrag104

I THINK, Caboose Hobbies carries MDC parts as a detail item. I was at their store a couple of years ago and I think I remember seeing MDC parts hanging on the detail wall. I apologize for being vague but as I said it has been a few years since I was there. Anyway I provided the link to Caboose Hobbies so go to their website and look around.

Good Luck,
Scott

#49679  by pdt

I spent a considerable amount of time looking for two dozen out of production MDC cars. I contacted the usual suspects (LHS, WKWalthers, a couple mail order houses) and had no luck until I contacted MDC. They recommended I call PF&S Railway Supply. Sure enough, they had exactly what I was looking for. Apparently they are a one stop shop for all things MDC.

Here's their contact info:

PF&S Railway Supply, Inc.
560 Ione Way
Pasco, WA 99301
(509) 266-4384
(800) 554-4338

#50075  by EDM5970

Thanks, I'll try Caboose and PF&S, then. MDC's website, about a half dozen lines down, says to not contact them about kits, parts, etc.; they only sell through dealers. Plus others on this forum had mentioned problems with getting parts awhile back, hence my first post.