Railroad Forums 

• Postwar Freight Cars

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#41284  by dkgrubb

Hello,
I have several old postwar freight cars, and just out of curiosity I looked up their value in the Greenberg Guide, and I was surprised to discover that they really weren't worth very much. Does any one know why this is? One would think with the age of the cars, and the high quality with which they were constructed, they would be more valuable. Any ideas?
Thanks!!
Keith

#42538  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Hi Keith,

The cars you have could be a larger production run, which would decrease the value, or just not desirable, run in many catalogs, or such.