Railroad Forums 

• Underground RR-Sacramento

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#37616  by scannergeek

There used to be a HUGE layout in Old Town Sacramento, CA. I believe it was called the Underground RR.
It's been many years since I've been up there-does anyone know if this place still exists?

#37671  by jwb1323

I visited it there in 1996. I would say that if you're at any level of interest in the hobby beyond "gosh gee" beginner, it isn't worth the visit, if it's still there.

#40119  by EL PARRo

I live about 40 minutes from old town Sac, and I go to the RR museum there a couple times a year. I used to also go to the Underground RR everytime, but unfortunately they closed it down a couple years ago :( I think they replaced it with a bar or something.