Railroad Forums 

• Fleischmann model

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#30920  by CVSSDragonslayer

I recently picked up three Fleischmann Railcars and one trailer car.
Car body is Grey roof, Cream at window level and Maroon below the
window level. There is a black stripe at the roof line and under the window
level. Cars have two working pantographs and power can be selected
by a inside roof-mounted switch with a lever protruding from the top of a side center window marked 'O' & 'U'. Car has seven large windows, two
doors and a lavatory window on one side, eight windows and two doors
on the other side, Car body is marked 'MUNCHEN' and '2' at the power truck side door and '3' at the trailing truck side door. Front and rear ends have a distinctive door/window arrangement - three windows - two small
and one large and a door. All doors have windows. The unit has a three light combination on both ends - two headlamps and one red lamp in a line
which are directionally controlled and two interior lamps.
I found a website for Fleischmann Catalogs and the cars are pictured on the 1952 and 1955 catalogs but not inside.
CAn anyone help me determine the class and purchase price of these locos ?

Bob

#38274  by Nico

Hi Bob

It’s quite difficult guessing what you got there, but I’ll give it a try. I had some old catalogues lying around (I’m more into Roco) and due to the connection with the destination “München” (Munich) marked onto the railcars, then they ought to be German, although the colors that you mentioned also has been used by other European State Railways, e.g. the Swiss. Those colors, and the destination, nevertheless give a hint towards a model with the item # 1370R, which have an approximated value (to a collector) of circa € 300–350, which corresponds to about $ 355-415. I’ll post a picture so you can determine if this is the one or not.

# 1370R
 #38915  by CVSSDragonslayer

Hi Nico,

That is the model. Paint job on the ones I have are a wee bit chipped and one is missing one of the pantographs. But I have two operating units with one trailer car, unpowered and without pantographs I figured that they were from the 1950's but unsure of the exact time. Thanks again.

Bob