Railroad Forums 

• Alone in the forum

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1626  by fleet621

WOW I'm all alone in here is anyone out there? :(

#1817  by trainfreak

Im here. I have O and O27. But do to lack of space no operating layout. Hopefully i can get one soon.

#1925  by RF16SHRK

:P Well we're back online. I guess it will take a few weeks to get everyone back up to speed and signed back up. As a dedicated O gauger with 40 yrs of model railroading FUN under my belt , my motto is run'em and enjoy.

#2216  by fleet621

well I'm glad I'm not alone in here I'm an x-N gauger who recently found my way back to O gauge and it's great.My 6yr old daughter and I have a 4x8 layout in garage thats still under constuction and we are starting to add to her collection of equipment mostly lionel but we just added a k-line Erie RR 4-6-2 with whistle tender and smoke to the roster and are planning to join the k-line collectors club and purchess the New Haven EP-5 electric with TMCC and railsounds. This is such a great hobby nice to meet all of you. :D :wink:

#2410  by AndyB

:D I'am another one.
Scale "O" 2-rail, heavy rail and traction

Andy Brusgard
Vice-president, New York Society of Model Engineers
Oldest model railroad club in the United States
(maybe the world) :D

#2648  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Hi-Railer here.

Run all TMCC...

:)

#3468  by Zeke

Slowly we are feeling our way around the reworked site. I run 2 rail O scale just starting to build my layout. I model the CNJ and LV / PRR in the mid 60's. I see MTH is releasing a LV white Elephant C-628. I ordered a dummy I will convert it to 2 rail. I sure wish they made more 2 rail stuff, those HO gaugers have it made.

#3493  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Zeke,

Be sure to look at Atlas O..... Or even Weaver Models.

#4989  by RDG Mallet

O-Gauge Hi-Railer here. Model RDG, LV, PRR, CNJ, LNE. All the roads that served the coal regions here in my area. :D

Mike

READING COMPANY "AMERICA'S LARGEST ANTHRACITE CARRIER"

#5121  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Glad to see ya here, Mike! :D

Now I only need a Scale LV and Reading steamer! :wink:

#7272  by zablocki22

I'm an HO guy BUT I do have 3 Atlas B40-8's ( 2 CSX and 1 Conrail), 4- 89' trailer flats and 4 front runners to run on the NYSME 'O' scale layout in Carlstadt,NJ with Andy B.

I modified the Conrail unit to look like a Conrail unit. Ditch lights mounted below the anticlimber and removed the beacon.

Vincent

#69722  by Otto Vondrak

RK- I'll be sure to go over to that site and tell them that we're all over here, too.

I started with MPC Lionel trains in 1981 until I switched to HO eight years later. I still like O scale trains- if I wasnt cramped for space, I would be modeling O scale two rail.

-otto-
 #71438  by denis

Hello,
I am thinking of purchasing a Rail King Allegheny. Any comments about its performance? Is this 2 or 3 rail?
 #72201  by denis

I believe the MTH is 3 rail. I have not purchased the Allegheny, for now. However, I did buy an UP FEF. Unfortunately, I thought I was buying a set, so if I am to continue in this scale, I must now look for track, and a transformer. I believe this is an AC engine?
Denis