Railroad Forums 

• Limestone "color" paint mix...

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#28979  by Komachi

Odd question here, but I'm currious what paints you guys have used in the past to simulate the color of limestone. Any suggestions? A combo of Floquil paints (Depot Buff, tan, etc.) or others?

I'm working on a project with a building that is made of cut stone, and I'd like to simulate cut limestone as opposed to granite (or other "structural grade" stone material).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.