Railroad Forums 

• Need Airbrush Help

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#26050  by WANF-11--->Chaser

Hello,

A co-worker of mine also interested in trains recently gave me a used Paache airbrush.

It has a hose and a metal cylander attached between hose sections. Is this a moisture trap or a regulator?

I don't want to invest money into a compressor yet. I need to know what type of adaptor I should look for to use the cans of compressed air that are available from hobby shops and art stores?

Any other needed accessories or tips would be appreciated. I have two extra nozzles and mixing cups and was planning on using Accu-flex or other water base acryilics.

Thanks!
 #26461  by LIRR272

Pashe makes different types of airbrushes so you will have to be more specific. For example is the brush a single or double action, what model is it, etc. A good start would be to check out their website.

As for painting using waterbase paint, my experience has been to have the airbrush set between 20-40 psi.

Hope this helps.