Railroad Forums 

• Stop the Leaves from Falling!

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#22922  by SD45Jim

The trees on my layout are begiining to lose their leaves! The clump foliage on several of them is slowing falling off. Is there a way to keep the trees from losing their leaves? Or is it necessary to keep gluing the foliage back on every so often?

Thanks!

Jim

#22988  by Otto Vondrak

Start with a good glue... try Elmers spray adhesive. I made these treetops from puffs of poly fibre, sprayed with adhesive, and rolled in coarse green foam. They have lasted five years so far.

-otto-

#23221  by jwb1323

You didn't say if the trees that are losing their foliage are Woodland Scenics ready-made, or if you used your own armatures and adhesive. I installed a lot of Woodland Scenics trees from their big bags of ready-made ones about 6 years ago and have had very little problem. Also, Elmer's or similar white glue, as long as it's added in enough quantity, seems to hold the clump foliage on most armatures very well.