Railroad Forums 

• CTC Panel Parts.

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#15398  by JDFX

Ok, I know its not HO scale specific, but since HO scale is the most popular, I ask here first..

I am in the design process of making my own US&S style CTC panel board. I remember from many moons ago that there were a few manufacturers making reproduction face plates and the knobs for the machines, but I'll be darned if I remember who the manufacturers are.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Thanks..
 #15403  by Komachi

Joe,

Interesting conincidence you asked about that. I was at a club open house in Rochester, MN about a week ago and asked a couple of the members the exact same question and they told me that RIX Products makes reproduction CTC switches (knobs, etc.) for control pannels. They're plastic, but they're molded to look like the old brass fixtures (although, I have yet to buy any, so I can't give ya a detailed description of the product.

#15581  by JDFX

Plastic Eh?

Hmmm, I thought someone was doing metal repro's also..

I have had good experiance with Rix Products before, so I doubt that their plastic knobs and face plates aren't of good quality, however, I do worry that over time, they wouldn't be durable...

Anyone have experiance with these?

Also, anyone have a suggestion for lights with bezels that can be used? Radio Shack used to sell LED's in chrome bezels, but they seem hard to find, and only come in Red nowadays...

I would deeply consider a bulb instead of LEDs as well..

Thanks.

(I thought this CTC board project would be easy, but its turning out harder than I first figured..)