Railroad Forums 

• New Editor for Railroad Model Craftsman magazine

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1500131  by Otto Vondrak

In case you haven't heard the news...
WRP is pleased to announce that Otto M. Vondrak, associate editor of Railfan & Railroad, has been appointed as the eighth editor of Railroad Model Craftsman. Otto is a native of New York State, and a graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology’s (RIT) graphic design program. He is a lifelong model railroader from his start with a Lionel train set at age five. He is a member of the National Model Railroad Association Northeast Region, and a co-founder of the RIT Model Railroad Club.

As a published author, his work has appeared in Railroad Model Craftsman, Railpace, Railfan & Railroad, CTC Board, Trains Magazine, and a number of books on railroad history. He joined the staff of R&R as associate editor in 2011. He is also an active volunteer and president of the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum. He has been working for WRP since Railfan & Railroad and Railroad Model Craftsman were acquired from Carstens Publications in 2014.
The full press release can be found here:

http://rrmodelcraftsman.com/otto-vondra ... craftsman/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-otto-
 #1500140  by Roger Hensley

Yes, I received the word the other day but didn't want to say anything here until you did. Congrats!!
 #1500143  by talltim

Congratulations. I've seen so many places (not just here) where you have contibuted useful information to the discussion, so I'm please that you will be able to do the same at RMC.
 #1500162  by CNJ999

Indeed, I saw this announcement elsewhere several days ago, but as with Roger H., hesitated to post anything here until Otto said something regarding it himself. This having taken place now, I offer my sincerest congratulations! The magazine will surely benefit from his future guidance.

CNJ999
 #1500236  by Otto Vondrak

We made it public a while ago, I was waiting for one of you guys to say something! :-D

Please submit your article story ideas to me!

http://rrmodelcraftsman.com/contact-us/ ... uidelines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-otto-