Railroad Forums 

• Help with Custom O Scale Brass P-58 Car

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1453344  by Csarnick

Hello,

I am new this forum and am looking for some help or direction in making a custom brass O-scale passenger car. I was not sure where to post, so i posted here.

For a number of years now, I have wanted to have a Custom made P-58 made for my collection. I have collected O-Scale trains since I was a kid and growing up on Long Island, I have focused on the LIRR and PRR. Now that I am older and have the means, I wanted to have a custom brass car made that held the name of my hometown "Smithtown." My research has told me that it was a Private Club Car used in the 1920s and 1930s by the LIRR. I have all the sizing information for specifications for the real car but am having a really hard time finding anyone or any company that makes custom brass O-scale cars. I have not found any pre-existing P-58 Brass O-scale cars that were made, so this is why I'm looking at having one made.

If there is anyone out there that can point me in the right, or general, direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Nick
P-58 Side and End View.jpg
Smithtown-2.jpg