• Feedback on hobby shop: Hobby Circle, Brooklyn, NY

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Myke Romeo Angel

Well i ordered some Amtrak & NJT passenger cars by Walthers from them with they're sale & i can honestly say i did not have a problem @ all, my order came within record time.

Now that i've read this i doubt that i will order from them ever again now.

Another really good train place to do business with is MB Klein in Baltimore, they are a hobby shop that only specializes in Model Trains ONLY!... They are very helpful & if u visit the store they are very friendly..

Normally i might check out some of the hobby shops in Philly & then if i see something i like I'l l call MB Klein to place an order thru them & they normally ship the same day.

Their number is (410)539-6207

I can tell you this much i was not impressed with Imperial Hobby Productions, i called to find out how i can order the NJT Arrow I MU cars & his site is outdated. None of the dealers he had listed seems to deal with him anymore & when you call the guy he wasn't to helpful, maybe i caught him on a bad day or something. I know i'll never purchase any items made by him in the future, i found him to be rather rude IMO...

However! Let's remain positive & enjoy all the hobby has to offer, I know i will do my best with what i have that's 4 sure... :wink:
  by denis

I have not had consistently good experience with them. They have listed on eBay. I was high bidder on one of their auctions, and never got the item, nor a reasonable response from them. So far, my best experinces have been with Trainworld and IHC.
  by LIRR04

I ordered something, than cancelled it. Cancellation was confirmed by them. The Next day, They shipped the cancelled product under a different order number to my adress. I guess since i cancelled it previously, and i supposidly not getting billed, this product is free, and since it was shipped to me, I can keep it. Has this happened to anyone else?
  by designkat1969

Oh no!!!

I just ordered some things from them earlier this week. I wish I would have read this beforehand :(
  by designkat1969

I got an Email from Hobby Circle stating that the order I placed last week was cancelled. That's pretty strange. Maybe they didn't have anything in stock. As long as my credit card isn't charged I'll be relieved that I won't have to deal with them considering some of the stories above.

by Phil Hom

Since my mother in law lives near there (in a co-op apartment building) I deceided to check this place out. Well, the area is not good and I don't want to park there either (Flushing Ave in the Williamsburg section). The location of Hobby Circle makes the old AHC store on West 22nd Street look like a mall. :(

by ngotwalt

Several years ago I ordered three atlas ALCO products from them. Had them within two weeks of placing the order. Last year ordered a walthers 10-6 sleeper, first time used wrong CC and was declined...ok no big deal, they contacted me and I furnished a new CC. Item was shipped and I received it, two weeks later with out being billed I receive a second 10-6 sleeper. Two weeks after that I got an email saying that my item was ready to ship but my CC was declined. I contacted them about this, went on for a month and a half, I just figured they were having some kind of computer problem because it reached the point where if they tried to bill me it would have cleared so I figure it was a gremlin. Just bought and paid for bu t have not yet received three amfleet coaches from them off Ebay and I am starting to get worried now, seeing this thread. Needless to say I won't deal with them again after this.
Cheers,
Nick

by BMT

[I ordered something, than cancelled it. Cancellation was confirmed by them. The Next day, They shipped the cancelled product under a different order number to my adress. I guess since i cancelled it previously, and i supposidly not getting billed, this product is free, and since it was shipped to me, I can keep it. Has this happened to anyone else?]

On top of everything else, seems their recordkeeping leaves alot to be desired! Ya got a FREEBIE from them...incredible!!

by Southern Pacific

A few years back I ordered a locomotive from them on there web site. The guy even called to confirm my order. Everything came ok, I had no problem with them. Could this be before they got bad, or just luck? But I will not order from them again after reading what you guys have gone through.
Thom