Railroad Forums 

• Amusement Park Railway

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1312611  by hotbike

I just had an idea... Not knowing where to buy light rail for an Amusement Park type Railway, I did a Google search for 'Steel Rail Mining', and got this result:

http://chinacoalintl.en.made-in-china.c ... sport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this rail suitable? 4 kilograms per meter? or 8 kilos per meter?

I've already practiced building my Locomotive design, I have the "shark nose" installed on a bicycle. Now I want to start laying rail...

Please submit your comments , questions, criticism.

MORE:

http://www.tonglesteel.com/product/9703 ... nnel_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General question: Is steel rail for Mining, new manufacture from China, the right material, or would it be cheaper to buy second-hand rail ripped out of an abandoned amusement park?
 #1313474  by ApproachMedium

Depending on what you have, you may want to give Monmouth Executive Airport in Allaire NJ a call, they have tons of amusement park tracks all over the property from when the airport also had an amusement park. The owners will probably let it go really cheap. Theres turnouts and everything.