Railroad Forums 

• Recommended vendor for custom decals

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1303500  by Snowmojoe

Hi all - I am looking to custom-letter some undecorated rolling stock (HO scale). I was wondering if anyone has a recommended vendor for custom-made decals. I am also not averse to making the decals myself, I just want them to look decent and last fairly long when I'm done. I'm thinking one color artwork, probably white on black or brown/boxcar red. Possibly two colors, depending on cost. If necessary or helpful I can post the artwork I intend to use, I just don't have access to it right now. (My computer is "in the shop" and I'm using a stand-in for now)

Thanks very much in advance.
 #1303705  by Backshophoss

If you have access to a high quality color printer,you can make your own Decals,sheets of clear or white decal paper
can be found at your local hobby shop or Michels/Hobby Lobby.
After creating the decal and printing it out,you will need to spray a clear finish over the sheet to seal
the print to the paper(Krylon spray can),let dry for 10-24 hours,then install them like regular decals.
 #1305173  by timberley

Steve F45 wrote:you can do that but not all colors will print good. If you want a custom decal, contact Jim at highball graphics. I've had him do custom stuff for me on signle runs, no need to order huge lots of decals.
I can second the recommendation for Highball Graphics. Jim does fantastic work, really high quality, and is very cooperative and helpful.