Railroad Forums 

• athearn genesis GP40P???

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1247715  by cnj1524

I had bought an athearn Genesis GP40 drivetrain for a project and noticed in the assembly directions they have listed in parts & show
pic of a GP40P shell,although Athearn has not denied or confirmed this,looks to be a future model,Has anyone else seen this???
 #1247734  by timberley

Yeah, that was mentioned on one of the other forums (Atlas rescue I think). Athearn actually seems to have dropped hints about quite a few future variations on the GP38-2/GP40-2 platforms through the instruction manuals/parts diagrams. If the parts are shown, I'd say that's a pretty solid indication that the model is coming sooner or later.

In like fashion, I noticed that the diagrams that came with the GP38-2 had a variety of future options that include a GMDD/CN spartan cab GP38-2 as well, so I'm very excited to see those whenever they announce them. CN's GP38-2s usually run in pairs on local runs, and a spartan cab CN version would pair beautifully with the GP38-2W. :-)