Railroad Forums 

• NCE powercab Can't read CV

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1220117  by Montrealrail1

Hi!
I have recently get NCE powercab starter kit.(it's new for me)
I have many hours of pleasure with but now,I have a little problem

I have a locomotive,it was work great before and now,I tryed to run it but nothing..
Made a cleanup of the tracks and also,wheels and contact in the locomotive an tryed to program it to run it again..

but I have something displayed Can't read cv and I don't know how to deal with.
did this mean that I have to replace the decoder,or the decoder still usable?
I can see decoder version 035 and manufacturer 114 I'm not 100% sure if it's good or not
decoder are NCE and my kit are NCE Powercab..

decoder are brand new and while testing,it was working,now I tryed to run on main line and I got this trouble appear,and the mainline are freshly cleaned too

thank you...
 #1220128  by Railjunkie

Have had this problem myself, you need to reset the decoder to its factory setting. If you have the paperwork on the decoder it should explain the procedure its not difficult. Most use a magnet for resetting.