Railroad Forums 

• Adding DCC To Bachmann Brill Trolley?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1205542  by Death Star

How would one add DCC to a Bachmann Brill trolley? I plan on kitbashing Mr. Rogers "Neighborhood" Trolley and read somehwere for the opening credits (where the models were shown) that a Bachmann trolley was used in that scene.
 #1205723  by Backshophoss

The "Trolley" used on the show scaled around "O" tinplate,may have been on the Lionel "speeder"
drive with out the "bumpers" to reverse direction.
In any case, the motor must be isolated from the frame,hardwiring the decoder between the wheels/pickups and the motor.
red/black to the wheels/pickups,orange/grey to the motor.
You should be able to "shoehorn" a Digitrax DZ-123 into the HO scale Brill car :wink:
 #1208089  by Death Star

There was an HO trolley used in the opening credits and I plan on shortening the trolley to a similar lenght to the one used in the show. Hopefully it will be a "beautiful day in the neighborhood" when finished. i plan on just doing some simple DCC. No lights or any fancy bells or whistles.