Railroad Forums 

• CF trackmobile

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#9396  by caboose

I have a small switching layout and would like to get a Custom Finishing Trackmobile(not the new one),when looking at it the idea poped into my head.Is it possible to power one of those things or is it too small?

#10431  by pdt

Overland has a powered one coming out, so I'd say it is possible to do. Maybe you could use a NWSL power truck or if the Bachmann Spectrum 44 tonner with two separate motors can be modified to lower the overall height of the power trucks, you might be able to use that. Whatever you decide, let us know. I'd like to have one of these, too.

#15867  by caboose

What type of NWSL power truck would you suggest?