Railroad Forums 

• Narrow Gauge Alcos

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#7783  by wess

In opening this group since there is no one posting here at the moment. Off the top of your head folks. What countries used ALCOs in a narrow gauge configuration? I mean any gauge below standard gauge. Argentina, Columbia,Chile, Peru, India, Ecuador, Pakistan, Greece are the first ones that come to mind. And this question is fielded toward any type of ALCO built locomotive. This forum is inactive at the moment and I,m just hoping someone will bite

#9048  by wess

Add Australia and Tanzania to the list

#18532  by P2c3689

The White Pass and Yukon Route's DL535s are alcos or alco copies. The older units with C424 cabs I think are CLW products, the ones with "Canadian" cabs Bombardier built.

Regards,
Trevor H.

#22473  by wess

They are not copies, they are the real thing, the first seven were in fact being constructed at Schenectedy when ALCO closed down, so they were finished at Montreal.