Railroad Forums 

• DCC bachmann acela express question

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1155207  by Backshophoss

It stinks that Bachmann will not help you,because you got it "used" :( ,the Current Walters catalog on pg 83
shows a pair of DCC ready power cars (#160-81945@$258.00 a pair),check the sales flyers or website
if Walters has a sale on these power cars.
 #1158995  by acelaphillies

Idk if you located the switch for the panto/rail operation but it is really easy to find. If it is switched for panto operation it will act like the entire loco is dead.

The switch is under a box at the rear of the roof. The cover is not attached by glue or anything, just press fit. Just take that off and you will see the switch. You do not even need to take off the shell.

Here is a picture and I circled where the switch is for you.
Attachments:
H19402.jpg
H19402.jpg (66.51 KiB) Viewed 1930 times
 #1159039  by Cadet57

Why not just spend a few more dollars and install or have someone install a new decoder? Would probably run better than the cheapie Bachman one anyways.
 #1161459  by peanut1

Well I was actually going to try taking it to my local hobby store and see if he can figure out what the probelm is. I have to take one of the passenger cars from this same set to the hobby store as well b/c the coupler mounting and spring took a shit for itself and fell off the car.