Railroad Forums 

• Coal empties heading west

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#96040  by CIOR

Here we catch Conrail SD60's #6840 & #6842 on long term lease to the CIOR, heading an empty coal train west toward Indianapolis and onto the Indiana Railroad to be loaded for ports east.

The train is coming off the helix and back onto the layout at Dunreith.
The Dunreith scene is progressing, but still has alot of little work to be done. I have added a couple new images in the photo section, and plan on updating the construction page as the week moves on.

Here we have the weedy Indiana HiRail's former NKP Rushville Branch. The IHRC owns the line from here north to New Castle, but from this signal south, its owned by the CIOR and known as the "Sexton Grain Spur". As you can see, the IHRC is in need of some maintenance.

#96056  by Otto Vondrak

Really fantastic stuff. Keep it coming.

Love the weedy line. Will you be doing anything to disguise the exit from the helix? Maybe an bridge overpass, or more trees?

-otto-

#96144  by CIOR

As luck has it, NO. Trying to stick as close to actual land layout as I can, there isn't anything that direction that could help mask the helix entrance.
However, when you are standing looking at the layout, you can not really even see the entrance. I plan on adding a few more trees to help further hide this. But when it comes down to this photo angle, there isn't much hiding it.