Railroad Forums 

• Kitbashing an AHM/Rivarossi "Blue Goose" into an N

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#94633  by Cosmo

After comparing a photo of a New Haven RR I-5 4-6-4 to the AHM "Blue Goose" 4-6-4, I have decided to obtain 1 (or more) engine or shell for the kitbash. Does anyone know where I can find one such animal (preferably a "cripple" w/ decent shell) for not too dear a price? (The one I saw at Springfield wanted $150.00-WAY too much!)
ALSO: Does anyone ("English" comes to mind) make repowere kits for the AHM 4-6-4's?
I'll also gladly accept any advice, council, commentary or tips/hints on this project from anyone w/some to offer.
Thanks, and wish me luck