Railroad Forums 

• Canadian Style Ditch Lights in HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#93313  by ANDY117

Does anyone make operating Canadian style ditch lights in ho i can put on the pilot of SD40-2's And GP38-2's?

#93511  by trainiac

Are you thinking of the ones mounted on small stands, like what CN has on their Geeps and SDs? The only ones I've seen like that are on OMI brass units. Even standard micro-bulbs are too large to be used in such a tiny light. Ditch lights under the pilot, like what CP has, can easily be modeled with microbulbs mounted in holes in the pilot.

#93571  by CIOR

With the more and more common use of fiber optics, it wouldn't be nearly as hard trying it.
A single LED could lite both of them, or using 2 LEDs connected to 2 seperate optics could be used to flash the lights.

I haven't yet tried this myself, but I do have fiber optics on hand to attempt it shortly.

#93965  by ANDY117

What i meant was manufacturers of them in HO.