• OO/HO African profile model railway in Kenya

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, Otto Vondrak, stilson4283

by NaugyRR

I'm looking forward to more pictures, John. African railways aren't usually something that comes to mind when thinking of modeling, so it'll be interesting and exciting to see your work.
  by johnthefireman

Thanks, mate. I'll post pictures as I go along, but I'm conscious that this is going to be a long, long process over many years...
  by NaugyRR

Looking good! I'd imagine it must get hot in there with the metal walls.
  by johnthefireman

Not too bad since we built the shaded veranda on the west side. The sun doesn't begin to hit that wall until about 4.30 pm now. The east side of the container forms the inside wall of a workshop, and there is an overall roof over the workshop and container, so all in all it's not too hot.
  by NaugyRR

I had a chance to paw through today, you have made a ton of progress. I really admire the variety of trains and rolling stock you have, and the structures look great.