Railroad Forums 

• How close do you live to the tracks?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#637961  by joecop509

I LIVE BOUT…………..5 OR 6 MILES FROM AN AMTRAK AND MARK LINE IN OLD BOWE (go new Bowie!!!!!!!!!) AND MY FRIENDS LIVE RITE ABOVE CSXT LINE. SOMETIMES AT NIGHT I CAN HEAR A K5LA WHILE THAY RUN PAST IT PUTS A BIG :-D ON MY FACE.
Last edited by joecop509 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #638074  by Montrealrail

My place around 1,5 Mile from the tracks,where passin CN and Via stuff

but few years ago,I was living just next to the tracks,Iwas able to see trains from my living room,and also speak to the trains crew from my room windows,can't be closer than this,more funny,the Old Turcot yard Montreal,was almost in my back yard,so I where seeing everyting there since they closed the yard in 2002,few day before I had to move :-D ,in year 2002,I had to move from there,after severals year,because I get a fire in the house,electrical origin..,now,I try to get another place near a track..
 #677054  by daylight4449

i live about a quarter of a mile from the old B&A spencer branch. lived there (and still living there) sienceas long as i can remember, and my paternial granparents live 1/20th of a mile form the Providence and Worcester line to webster, while m maternial grandparents live about half a mile from the old New Haven line passing through Uxbridge MA
 #680425  by Darien Red Sox

For those of you who are Boy Scouts there is a wonderful scout camp right on the Danbury Branch of the Metro North New Haven Line. My troop has camped there many times and it is a wonderful camp.
http://www.ctyankee.org/camping/camps/hoyt
 #686879  by ns3010

Up north, I live about 5 mins (by car, don't know the actual distance, but probably 2-3 miles) from NJT's Morristown Line.
Down here (down the shore), I live less than a quarter mile from where there USED to be tracks. In fact, I'm looking at the ROW (now it's a state highway) right now. As for active tracks, it's just about 7 miles to Bay Head. I was up there railfanning yesterday. I have pictures and videos of that on my YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/ns3010
 #716630  by cr5290

I live 5 minutes from a CSAO Industrial track, which is worked twice a week between 1AM and 4AM (Makes it nearly impossible for me to see the train -- but I ALWAYS hear an amazing RS3L). I'm 10 minutes away from the NEC, with New Jersey Transit and Amtrak. About 20 minutes from NS' Morrisville Line, and about 30 minutes from the CSX Trenton Line.
 #717201  by Espee9180

This might be my last post in a "teen" section of any forums since I'm 19... lol...

Anyway, right now in Queens about 15 min away from the LIRR Port Washington Branch, 25min from Hell Gate Bridge(NEC/Freight), and 30 min from Fresh Pond yard (NY&A, CSXT, P&W, CP). But that won't be for to much longer, moving to Yardley, PA right next to the Trenton Line. So hopefully I can post more on these forums. :wink: