Good way to express my love of trains?

A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

The RailMan

Good way to express my love of trains?

Post by The RailMan » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:51 am

Hey all
Since I'll be getting a new vehicle more suitable for railfanning (long story short, Ford F150 pickup, just seems like a vehicle a railfan would drive) I'm thinking about having custom plates with some sort of railroad or equipment designation put on a set of custom license plates. I've seen "FL9" on some plates on cars and trucks in the Croton Harmon yard at the train show. Being I'm primarily a Metro-North fan, anyone got any suggestions for plate combinations? I'm open to all suggestions, MN related or not. The limit is 8 Characters combined between A-Z and 0-9.
Thanks everyone!

TerryC

Post by TerryC » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:26 am

How about this. ITHASA567. So you can read it IT HAS A 567.

keep searching keep finding
1929th member to join forum

CoastStarlight99

Post by CoastStarlight99 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:31 am

Good idea, also get a cool license plate frame...I have one that says MY OTHER CAR IS THE COAST STARLIGHT ...if only I was old enough to drive a car..

AznSumtinSumtin

Post by AznSumtinSumtin » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:59 pm

I got a quite a few suggestions. Try a specific train model like F59PHI or SD70AC. You can try using 1337 on your plate. For example 4M7R4K(AMTRAK).

The RailMan

Post by The RailMan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:56 pm

CoastStarlight, I got that aspect covered :-)

I picked that up at the Metro-North Croton-Harmon Yard open house. I think I'm going to go along the lines with an FL-9 plate. Its great because the only people who would recognize it would be people who know what an FL-9 is. I tried some combinations as MNRR P32 and NYNH H (New York, New Haven & Hartforde) and they were taken. I'll think of one soon...

stevo

Post by stevo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:54 pm

i've seen one of those....i've also seen one that said i brake for trains.........and you know those little propellors people have on the back of theire pickup sometimes? one time i saw a mini coupler

HighlandRail/DEY-7 652

Post by HighlandRail/DEY-7 652 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:52 pm

Since your thinking about FL-9's how about NH 20** whichever FL-9 is your favorite. Or try something like MNCR 750 their gp 9
Mike L

The Springfield Line's longest shoving move record holder.

G-Unit Soldier

Post by G-Unit Soldier » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:38 pm

I have a L-Plate Frame that says "My Other Car Is The Coast Starlight" we had it for like 4 Years, also We got one that says "My Other Car Is a Pullman"

CoastStarlight99

Post by CoastStarlight99 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:29 pm

The RailMan wrote:CoastStarlight, I got that aspect covered :-)

I picked that up at the Metro-North Croton-Harmon Yard open house. I think I'm going to go along the lines with an FL-9 plate. Its great because the only people who would recognize it would be people who know what an FL-9 is. I tried some combinations as MNRR P32 and NYNH H (New York, New Haven & Hartforde) and they were taken. I'll think of one soon...
That ones sweet too!

By away the "I'd rather be riding a train" slogan is available as a bumper sticker when you join NARP (National Association of Railroad Passengers). Its only $16 to join and its worth every penny!

sullivan1985

Post by sullivan1985 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:04 am

Doesn't matter what you drive, as long as you can get there. I take my 98 Plymouth Neon all over the place, Into the NJ Meadowlands, industrial ruins, anything to get near what I'm looking for (railroad related or not)

Return to “Teen Railroad Enthusiasts”