• Jim Boyd

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by 498

In view of his years at EMD and the Illinois Central, as well as his 30+ years of work in the railfan and railroad publishing industry, Jim Boyd surely deserves mention in this forum. The author of many of the best articles and books ever written in our hobby, and the teller of some of the worst jokes ever made public, his work has contributed greatly to our enjoyment and understanding of the railfan hobby and the railroad industry. Through hundreds of magazine articles, dozens of books, countless slide presentations, and supporting roles in the production of videotapes and documentaries, Jim has shared his superb photography and unique writing perspective with us for several decades. He continues his work on even more projects that we all look forward to viewing and enjoying! Thanks Jim, for your many outstanding contributions to writing, photography, and publishing excellence!

by SSW9389

I own two of Boyd's recent books on the Southern Pacific. They are both fraught with data errors. There is one instance of outright plagarism where Boyd copies almost word for word what DPM wrote in a Trains article and that wasn't correct either. Maybe Boyd once was, but in my opinion he isn't getting it done lately.

Just my opinion above, other than that I have no strong feelings one way or the other about the man.

by NJ Vike

I really enjoyed his L&HR book.