• railroad park on Dallas

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by emd_SD_60

I remember watching an episode where Larry Hagman (J.R) tries to rescue his kidnapped son, and the kidnapper told him to meet him at a place called Steamtown, somewhere in L.A. This is at the end of the episode. I saw several Union Pacific passenger cars :-D , numerous steam locomotives and passenger cars, a Southern Pacific steam locomotive and wooden caboose, and some blue wooden caboose. Now is there such place as Steamtown? Is it a major attraction in Los Angeles? Is it still there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

(BTW, i went to the Dallas official forum and found the episode title and synopsis, if anyone's interested.) http://soapchat.net/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5 ... #104101334

by Aa3rt

Chris-just by coincidence, I happened to see this episode in the last couple of months on the "Soap" network. I don't watch soap operas but was channel surfing and happened to see the railroad cars during the climactic ending with JR and the bad guy shooting it out and JR's son tied up in the cupola of a caboose. I believe this was filmed at the Travel Town Museum in Los Angeles' Griffith Park, not too far from the studio. Check out the link for more information:

http://www.lacity.org/RAP/grifmet/tt/
Last edited by Aa3rt on Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

by emd_SD_60

Thanks for the link. Maybe sometime in the near future i might go out to LA (on vacation) and visit that place. :-D

OT- I watch that show every day on SOAPnet. I recently discovered it, (quite a relief from that reality crap) and, being born in 1985 at the show's height, I like to get in touch with my past.:wink: