Railroad Forums 

• Train Programs

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#66325  by Richard Y

If you get the History Channel, there are a couple of programs, this month, which you might find interesting:

Nov 9th (Tues) 2PM Eastern, "Wild West Tech" is a program on the building of the transcontinental railroad, early train equipment, famous train robbers, etc.

Nov 19 (Fri) 7PM Eastern, "Bullet Trains". A look at various high speed trains around the world.

I read, quite a while ago, that there may be another installment of the series, "Tracks Ahead", on PBS, in 2005. This was a really interesting series, looking back at past episodes. Does anyone know if the next installment is definite for 2005 and whether information on time & date of programming is available?

Richard

#66330  by Richard Y

Mr Norman: I would have posted on the "Media Forum", initially, had I known that such existed. Where is it? Is it listed in "Other Forums"...can't seem to find. Richard.

#66407  by hsr_fan

Is "Bullet Trains" an episode of the Modern Marvels series? If so, that's a repeat. I actually bought a tape of that episode. It's very well done in my opinion - definitely worth seeing. I wish they could have gone into more depth on trains like the German ICE family (they show a couple of brief clips, but nothing more) and Talgos (again, there is a brief clip of an Amtrak Cascades train when they mention incremental rail upgrades in this country). But alas, you can only cover so much in 50 minutes. They spend quite a bit of time on the Acela Express, the Japanese Shinkansen, and the French TGV.