Railroad Forums 

• NEW BOOK: "Philadelphia Railroads"

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#874950  by Aa3rt

Information on "Philadelphia Railroads" from the Arcadia website:

http://www.arcadiapublishing.com/mm5/me ... ewbook%3D1
 #882512  by Otto Vondrak

John Johnstone wrote:There's a new book out "Philadelphia Railroads" from Arcadia Publishing and likely found in Borders.
Tell us more about why we might find this book interesting? Specific to B&O?
 #885569  by JimBoylan

The authors are very good at finding interesting and unpublished photos, but the captions are not always historically accurate. In some cases where a cropped photo has been published and reprinted as a half tone, the authors managed to find the original uncropped version for inclusion in this book.
 #885625  by scotty269

I got this as a christmas present from a family friend. It's a really cool read. There is just so much information, it's hard to summarize it. It's the History of Philadelphia Railroads. That's what the book contains, and for ~$20 I'd suggest you all go out and get a copy!