Railroad Forums 

• looking for a moive from late 70s early 80s

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#809887  by lb101

I am curently looking for a name of a movie from the late 70s/ early 80s. The movie is about two amtrak or seems to be two amtrak trains on a collision path. I only saw some parts but one scene is where the two trains are saved by a track crew moving rails to prevent the colision. If any one knows the name of this movie can please let me know thank you.
 #837166  by 2nd trick op

The film is, Indeed, "Disaster on the Coastliner", a made-for-TV film cooked up by ABC in 1979. I ran across it on ABC late-night programming a few years later and, thankfully, haven't seen it since.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079056/

You will see the same Amtrak train cross the same truss bidge half a dozen times. You will see a mock-up of a CTC panel written on plexiglass with a crayon.

If any film ever demonstrated the entertainment media's complete ignorance of the rail industry, this is it.