Railroad Forums 

• What yard is seen on Soprano's?

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#59818  by CSX Conductor

During the opening credits of The Soprano's there is a brief view of a rail-yard in Jersey.....it's a real quick sot, but maybe someone from the area would be able to figure ot where it is.

#62723  by Reading Company Crusader

That is Conrails Oak Island Hump Yard. The auto racks on the left of the scene is the departure yard lead. The shot was taken from the New Jersey Turnpike overhead bridge looking east toward NYC.

I may have a shot of that from my photo archives and I will post it here once I find it, but no promises.

That scene caught my attention and I have viewed that scene many of times in slow play.

CEW