Railroad Forums 

• MOVIE: "End of the Line"

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#730586  by free2rtmey

What was the name of that movie where two guys are in a single diesel locomotive like one of those GP-series locos and they were on a single tracked line and there is a scene were the locomotive runs right through a police car at a grade crossing and breaks it in half. also the loco runs out of fuel so i think one guy walks a good ten miles to a nearby gas station and a guy happens to have big cans of diesel fuel. they roll it along the track all the way up to where the locomotive stalled. The loco had a navy blue paint job. they were headed for chicago
 #730858  by james1787

It sounds like End Of The Line... with Wilford Brimley and Kevin Bacon. I remember catching this one late on TV, I stayed up til 3am watching this! If I recall correctly the movie was about the owner of a company wanting to shut the rail line down? Brimley and Bacon who worked for the rail line steal the locomotive to head to the company HQ to try to convince the owner to keep the rail line going... something along those lines.
 #902152  by emd_SD_60

I believe the engine was a GP38-2, and was a MoPac unit with the MP logo covered up by the fictional railroad's name, Southland I believe?

ETA- the unit that was in the movie was MP GP38-2 #2051, renamed/renumbered to Southland #2377. Still running today as UP's #319.