Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Disasters

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#54520  by CRail

What ever happened to railroad disasters? It used to be on A&E every once in a while. Is it ever on anymore? Its not the most positive perspective of trains, but theres really not a whole lot more out there. :(

#55722  by SRS125

every so ofton they have something on train accdents on tv mostley late at night thow or early in the morning.

#55740  by efin98

I think the series has been rebranded on The History Channel under other titles using parts of interviews from the show. The most recent incarnation I think is related to that was part of "Wild West Tech" which featured railroad disasters of the 19th and early 20th century. It's worth a look if you get the chance.

#57703  by CSX Conductor

NetFlix has one or two DVD's on runaways/wrecks. :wink:

(I.E. Chase Md., and Bayou Canot)

#61236  by AmtrakFan

Their was one also about an SP wreck in 89 on Cajon.

AmtrakFan

#61370  by SRS125

I think there is a tape that you can buy about that SP Wreck I don't know if you have to go to the learning channel for it.

#61735  by SRS125

thinking about that wreck was that the fly ash train that lost its brakes and went off the curve and into a local nabor hood?? followed by a high presher gas explostion weeks after the mess was cleaned up??

#61745  by CSX Conductor

Yes, that's the one. :(

#61826  by SRS125

seems like I saw that one back this past April at around 9:00 or 10p.m. as a late nite stuffer for anouther program that was suposed to be on.