Railroad Forums 

• Harry W. Forman

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#686148  by 2nd trick op

Several years ago I penned a tribute to Peter Josserand, a man considered for many years to be the ultimate authority on the near-uniform code of operating rules which evolved for the North American rail industry. A chance discovery of Rights of Trains (on Single Track) in the Pennsylvania State Library at Harrisburg over forty years ago kindled a lifetime interest in this subject for me,

What I wasn't aware of was the fact that Mr. Josserand had a predecessor; The original Rights of Trains was authored in 1904 by Harry Forman, like his heir, the Chief Dispatcher for the Western Pacific.

A link to the work in question at Google Books is included.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ThYFAA ... t&resnum=3