Railroad Forums 

• Taps aka Ghost Hunters

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#453394  by NJTRailfan

Just in time for Holloween. Does any railfan/employee or even a resident of a town where a railroad is or once ran through knows an area that is haunted or possibly haunted? A few areas come into mind like the area where the CNJ's High Bridge Line once ran through which where the Hookerman's Latern is seen to be to this day looking for his hand. I beleive the name of the town is Long Hill.

I would love to see TAPs come in and try to debunk the legend or to prove it's real by seeing a light or a shadow caught on camera or even sounds on a digital recorder that's not from them or a crew member. It would be cool to record a sound from the Hookerman. I'll bet there are other haunted rail sites around the area they can investigate. Does anyone know of any other haunted sites that someone like TAPS could investigate?

#453472  by Conrail1990

TAPS :P :-D

#455022  by uhaul

I have no idea what TAPS is. I do know taps is played at certain funerals though.

#455031  by Conrail1990

uhaul wrote:I have no idea what TAPS is. I do know taps is played at certain funerals though.
T he
A tlantic
P aranornal
S ociety

#455033  by Conrail1990

aka ghost hunters
Every wednesday night on the sci-fi channel
 #591807  by Mountcastle

A few weeks ago, the TAPS investigation of the abandoned Buffalo Central Terminal was aired and the terminal proved quite active.

It was interesting to see the TAPS crew's reaction to the building, itself: they were overwhelmed by the sheer size of it, then by the eerie appearance of it, but seemed fascinated by it.

Amusingly, they caught an EVP of a disembodied voice saying "bring back the girls". They also had a 'conversation' via that flashing light device of theirs (the name of it escapes me at the moment) with the spirit of what was apparently a WWII-era woman waiting for someone to arrive on a train.

Great show; I absolutely love it. And to hear Grant and Jason talk about the terminal, it seems likely to me that they'll be back. They indicated that they wanted to return to investigate the building again. Here's hoping they do.

At any rate, if you watch the Ghost Hunters mini-marathon from 7-9, look for a rerun of the episode. It will eventually re-air.