Railroad Forums 

• Metro North Sitcom?

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#251074  by Kahlua

Maybe I'm getting old, but I remember a sitcom that lasted only a season or two during the late 80s or early 90s and took place on board a Metro North train. Now as i recall it was either a Hudson or Harlem Line train as the M1a or M3, had the blue and white stripes on the end of the car. I believe that the show was called "Tickets Please" (but my memory might be failing me). Does anybody else remember this show?

#251499  by Kahlua

Just remembered i believe it was a CBS show...

#251663  by Carmine

In Canada, Global Television had a show called Train 48, based on Toronto's GO commuter line. It was about a group of people who interacted on their morning and evening commutes. Although I'm a railfan, I've never watched the show. :(

#251803  by Kahlua

That sounds just like the show I'm talking about except in Westchester instead of Toronto.