Railroad Forums 

• Questions on Helly Dolly 1969 Movie Train

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1297395  by CGRLCDR

I just watched a rerun of the 1969 movie Hello Dolly after about 30 years. It's still one of my favorite musical movies. I understand that the locomotive and cars were from the Strasburg Railroad in Pennsylvania. I have three questions:

1. By what route did they get the train to and from the Hudson River Line? I'm guessing that it must have gone through New Jersey. It must have been a sight to see.

2. Are there any videos of the transit?

3. How did they turn the locomotive around on the Hudson River Line? There must have been a wye or turntable someplace up near Garrison I would guess.

Please let me know if you have any other information on the transit.

Thanks