Railroad Forums 

• New Book - Rahway Valley Railroad Steam Era!

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1289319  by therudycometh

I am pleased to announce the imminent release of Just a Short Line - The Story of the Rahway Valley Railroad, Volume I: History of the Line: 1897-1950 by Richard J. King on Sunday, September 21, 2014. The softcover, 104-page book will have an MSRP of $55.00.

This book covers the history of the Rahway Valley Railroad from 1897 to 1950. Thoroughly researched and documented, this history covers the railroad from its inception as the New York & New Orange Railroad until the last full year of steam locomotive operation. Utilizing countless historic documents and photo collection of the Steamtown National Historic Site, the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, the New Jersey State Archives, and several collectors and individuals, Richard King presents a great deal of information about this colorful little railroad. This book includes recollections of employees, rare photographs, and information from previously unpublished documents. This book is the first in a series which will extensively chronicle the story of the Rahway Valley Railroad for the first time on record.

For more information or to place a pre-order, please visit The Garbely Publishing Company's website at http://www.garbelypublishing.com/store/rv_1897-1950.

The book release coincides with Mr. King's presentation on the Rahway Valley Railroad, hosted by the Union Township Historical Society. The presentation will be held on Sunday, September 21st at 2:30 PM at the historic 1782-built Caldwell Parsonage (909 Caldwell Avenue, Union, NJ 07083). For more information on the presentation, please visit the Union Township Historical Society website at http://uniontwphistoricalsociety.webs.c ... nniversary. Signed copies of the newly-released book will be available for purchase from the author at the conclusion of the presentation.

I will also have copies of the book available at the 38th Annual Lehigh Valley Regional Train Show & Expo, held this year on Sunday, September 28th from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Charles Chrin Palmer Community Center (4100 Green Pond Road, Easton, PA 18045).

If you place a pre-order for the book via The Garbely Publishing Company website, I can arrange to have your copy available to you at either of the above locations to save you on shipping costs.

Thanks for your interest!