Railroad Forums 

• Fiction writer looking for train expert to interview

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1188411  by PinkInOctober

Hi. I am new here mainly because I am a fiction writer looking to interview train conductors/operators for my story. I don't know if I am in the right section it I've been looking for places where I can contact the members. I apologize for any inconvenience.
 #1188426  by mtuandrew

Welcome, PinkInOctober!

Moderator's Note: I'm moving this request to the Railroads in Media forum. There are a number of train service employees that frequent RAILROAD.NET, so perhaps one will be able to speak with you. Otherwise, try asking at local railroad museums - even if their members don't have exactly the same experience, they have some idea of what railroading is like, and may be able to refer you to a current railroad employee.
 #1188437  by PinkInOctober

I live in an area with no railroad museums. That's why I had to come here. My question is about those trains that have different kinds of cabins for long travel (overnight, etc). From what I understand there are economy cabins as well as luxury cabins. Could someone recommend a book or website about the different parts of a passenger train like where are the supplies kept and all?

Next question is --- have any of you experienced a stowaway?
 #1188514  by David Benton

Check out Amtrak's onboard guide.
http://www.amtrak.com/onboard
It has Layouts, descriptions, and even virtual tours of its accommodations. Also check out you tube, many riders post videos walking through the trains on their trips.