Railroad Forums 

• GE commercial

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#126939  by ANDY117

I was watching Comedy Central last night, and after COmedy Central presents, there was a commercial that starts out talking about the golden spike, and how everyone was waiting to link the North and South, East and West, then, the locomotives cover everyone with soot. Then it talks about how GE is making their cleanest locomotive ever, the camera pans over, and here comes the ES44AC. Anyone else see this?

#127096  by shortlinerailroader

I have seen it and was surprised and delighted. NS also has a new one where a tree reaches down, grabs a truck trailer off a tractor in traffic and places it on an intermodal train. I'm sure it was making the point that RRs are environmentally superior to trucks. In fact, I think the engine on the train was a new ES44DC.

#127100  by ANDY117

Yes, it was an ES40DC. It has the enlarged radiator, and it's in the 7500 series.