Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Publication Question

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#125387  by Lirr168

Hello all,

I am nearing the conclusion of an intensive semester-long class focused on producing a short story with the ultimate goal being publication. Being a railfan, I decided to set my story against the backdrop of the Long Island Rail Road; every detail relating to the LIRR is accurate, right down to locomotive numbers.

But you're probably wondering that this has to do with Railroads in Media. Well, here it is: as a young writer, getting published is hard, but I think a railroading publication would appreciate the technical detail involved in the story and give my work a bit more consideration. So, I was wondering: does anyone here know of a railroad-themed publication that would accept a short story submission? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Kyle
a.k.a Lirr168