• SNL

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

SNL

by Porter Sq

If you watch SNL where the musicial guests play it is a replica of Grand Central. If you look on the left wall they have a complete station listing for the New Haven Line.I haven't watched SNL in a long time but noiced two weeks ago when they had Tom Brady on.

by efin98

I could have sworn that it's not the first time that a station set has been used for SNL, they certainly are a railfan friendly show though since they used the subway in their opening credits for quite a while.

by Porter Sq

I'm not old enough to remember the subway on the intro. I wish comedy central would start re-runs of the old epsidoes like they used too.

by efin98

Porter Sq wrote:I'm not old enough to remember the subway on the intro. I wish comedy central would start re-runs of the old epsidoes like they used too.
The 1990s intros where the cast were out on the town were the ones that used the subway the most, and you can catch reruns on E! everyday...

by CSX Conductor

I've seen a few of those episodes on Comedy Central in recent weeks as well.

I love Tina Faye. <Blush> :P

by efin98

This surprised me: the current cast's opening credits looks like it was shot in the oyster bar in Grand Central Terminal and those that weren't look like they were shot nearby on the streets...sounds like they like someone is a closet railfan on that show :wink:

by Porter Sq

Well when you think of New York what comes to your head? Central Park,Empire State Building,WTC(RIP)Grand Central. I think viewers have an easier time realting to the opening.