Railroad Forums 

• Family Feud: Name something you find on most trains

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1068515  by ThirdRail7

Hi:

My parents and I don't live near each other. Every week, I call them, exchange pleasantries and status with mom, and play online Family Feud with my dad.

This week, we were little behind and needed a good run when this appeared: Name something you find on most trains.

My eyes lit up and dad figured a clean sweep for the rebound.

As it turns out, we don't think like the "average" person, which is the premise of Family Feud. As such, we tanked! The top seven answers were on the board, and we only matched 2 answers (number three and four.)

So, I'm putting it before the house: Name something you find on most trains.

I still can't believe the answers.

Care to take a guess? :)

While we're on the subject, a fast money question was "name something that tastes just as good cold as it does hot." We tanked that one too, with me answering chocolate (I was thinking Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Milk) and dad saying "apples." Yes, I raised my eyes at that one too. He stated he likes his apple pie hot or cold.

Care to guess what the number answer was? :)
 #1074620  by 2nd trick op

Given the long-widening gap between an industry which is, for the mosrt part, low-profile and male-domonated (and still thought of as an economic loser by some), and an increasingly femnized and over-sensitized society, this doesn't suprise me.

One quick question -- did "caboose" still turn up in the answers?
 #1074736  by ThirdRail7

Caboose, which I figured was a lock turned into strike three! Passengers, was the number 5 answer and luggage would have been a strike. I didn't guess passengers since I reasoned most people would think of freight train operations. We answered the number 4 and 5 answers (Conductor and Wheels) correctly, so Engineer, Engine, and Caboose seemed like locks. They were all wrong! Three Strikes!!

Would you like to guess, or should I just post the answers?
 #1076866  by Jtgshu

Freight and horns are two guesses from me..........they make the cut?

And Pizza is my guess for hot/cold....yummmm cold pizza
 #1076869  by GSC

Most trains have a locomotive, a crew, and wheels. Air brakes and headlights.

Fave hot & cold food: fried chicken.
 #1078074  by ThirdRail7

GSC wrote:Most trains have a locomotive, a crew, and wheels. Air brakes and headlights.

Fave hot & cold food: fried chicken.
Jtgshu wrote:Freight and horns are two guesses from me..........they make the cut?

And Pizza is my guess for hot/cold....yummmm cold pizza
I thought the same way you did, GSC. I figured since Conductor was on the board, engineer and engine would chart.

No dice!

Here are the answers:

#1=Seats
#2=Bathroom
#3=Conductor
#4=Wheels
#5=Passengers
#6=Cargo Cars
#7=Dining Car

They must have polled people that live near a commuter line! :)

JT, as usual you hit the nail on the head with Pizza. That answer boggles my mind. I find it hard to believe that pizza tastes AS GOOD hot as it does cold. Same goes for fried chicken. They are both decent cold, but nowhere as good as they do hot.

At least in my world...which apparently, is contrary to public opinion! :)

Thanks for playing, guys!
 #1078452  by umtrr-author

Just for giggles, I posted a link to this thread to the discussion board "The Game Show Forum" since I thought the readers there might get a kick out of it.

I think you should be able to access that thread using this link:

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=23769