Railroad Forums 

• ATSF FP45

• For discussion about the historical operations and preservation of the ATSF, more commonly known as the "Sante Fe", before its merger with Burlington Northern in 1996.
For discussion about the historical operations and preservation of the ATSF, more commonly known as the "Sante Fe", before its merger with Burlington Northern in 1996.
 #587551  by atsf sp

I read in Trains that BNSF donated the surviving ATSF FP45s to rail museums. Other than the Illinois RR museum, what other museums recieved one?
 #588092  by Tadman

Not sure, but Kalmbach has their Locomotives 2009 special magazine out, with a great article on the FP45, including a two-page spread of the FP45's when new, along with some newer SD45's in blue paint.
 #588132  by pennsy

There is a Santa Fe FP-45 in the Orange Empire RR museum. Perris, California. It is in running condition and from time to time is used to pull tourists in their special tourist train. It is painted in Santa Fe red warbonnet configuration.
 #588180  by atsf sp

Tadman wrote:Not sure, but Kalmbach has their Locomotives 2009 special magazine out, with a great article on the FP45, including a two-page spread of the FP45's when new, along with some newer SD45's in blue paint.
Thats the article I am refering to.
 #588326  by dlwpocono

I believe the Age of Steam museum in Dallas has one also. Unfortunately, I don't recall the number
 #591106  by daylight4449

atsf sp wrote:
Tadman wrote:Not sure, but Kalmbach has their Locomotives 2009 special magazine out, with a great article on the FP45, including a two-page spread of the FP45's when new, along with some newer SD45's in blue paint.
Don't you guys mean Trains magazine locomotive special edition, because i loaned that to my social studies teacher.
 #591122  by atsf sp

daylight4449 wrote:
atsf sp wrote:
Don't you guys mean Trains magazine locomotive special edition, because i loaned that to my social studies teacher.
Yes
 #591574  by westr

The dispositions of the Santa Fe FP45s, from http://atsf.railfan.net/cowls/rfp45.html:

90: Donated to the Oklahoma Railway Museum, Oklahoma City, OK, 12/00.
91: To Wisconsin Central 6652, 1/95. To LTE, scrapped 4/05.
92: Donated to Illinois Railroad Museum, Union, IL, 1/97.
93: Donated to Great Plains Transportation Museum, Wichita, KS, 3/99.
5944: Wrecked at Toland, TX, 9/81, scrapped.
95: Donated to Western America Railroad Museum, Barstow, CA, /98.
96: Destroyed in runaway on Cajon Pass, 12/94, scrapped.
97: Donated to Age of Steam Railroad Museum, Dallas, TX, 12/99.
98: Donated to Orange Empire Railway Museum, Perris, CA, 3/98.