Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#174340  by DutchRailnut

All dreams with no substance.
even new M8's can not run on Catenary when third rail is present.
If your gone make statements, please introduce yourself to get credibility.
And where you get information other than the dreamsheets.

#174379  by Noel Weaver

DutchRailnut wrote:All dreams with no substance.
even new M8's can not run on Catenary when third rail is present.
If your gone make statements, please introduce yourself to get credibility.
And where you get information other than the dreamsheets.
Good for you "Dutch", I get tired of reading the same pipe dreams on
here, time and time again.
No Metro-North into Penn Station for a looooong, loooooong time and
certainally not until the place is much bigger than it now is.
Noel Weaver

#174486  by MN Jim

DutchRailnut wrote:If your gone make statements, please introduce yourself to get credibility.
That didn't make a difference to you when I introduced myself. You still said what I had to say was wrong, and I cited the law on which it was based.

Do you ever say anything nice to anyone? Except for your reports of what's running where, just about everything you post here is inflammatory. It's really tiresome. Lucky for you, the people running this place can't seem to live without your reports, otherwise you'd be banned.

Now I'll probably be banned, but I can think of worse things.

Jim
 #216212  by Acela82

While searching in the www i found some articles of a project of Metro North for running trains into the Penn Station via the Empire Connection with additional new stations south of Spuyten Devil. Is this project up to date, or was it just an idea of Metro North?

Thanks, Michael

#216250  by DutchRailnut

Its a dead idea, no room in NYP.

#216258  by Herring

What about weekend service to NYP?

#216274  by DutchRailnut

not gone happen.
MNCR is not a partime railroad it would cost to much to impliment a service like that due to crew and equioment incompatibility.
read other topics about all that on this board cause its been discussed to death.

#216277  by Irish Chieftain

You could certainly visit Subchat if you like rumors...I've read some funny ones as a lurker, and to combine them all, you could end up with "Metro-North will rip all the third-rail contact shoes off half of the M2/4/6/8 fleet and run half the New Haven Line trains to NYP, once LIRR moves all of their trains to GCT via ESA"... :wink: Some of the better ones involve West Side NYP-Poughkeepsie dual-mode trains (that is, if they aren't sending them all the way to Albany-Rensselaer instead, to replace Amtrak)...

#216461  by Tadman

I understand we've discussed this one to death, that MN is not going to NYP any time soon. What I don't understand is, why does it need to? What is the pressing desire in some people's minds to get dropped off a different mid-town manhattan terminal? I haven't been to NYC since 1998, so maybe I'm missing something, but it strikes me there's not much reason to send MNCR trains to NYP.
 #216657  by RussM

While it may not be feasable for MNCR to get into NYP, there are lots of reasons why it would be useful to some people -for example, those wishing to connect to the LIRR or NJT. Right now, going from Grand Central to Penn Station involves taking the shuttle to Times Square, and transferring to the 7th Ave. subway to 34th St. It's an easy trip, but a bit of a hassle during busy hours if you have luggage to carry.

#216671  by DutchRailnut

For the occasional transfer to LIRR or NJT a taxi would be more convenient if you got luggage, stop being so cheap RussM.
In future you can connect with LIRR in GCT if it ever gets out of political stages.
Last edited by DutchRailnut on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

#216673  by Nester

DutchRailnut wrote:For the occasional transfer to LIRR or NJT a taxi would be more convenient if you got luggage, stop being so cheap nester.
In future you can connect with LIRR in GCT if it ever gets out of political stages.
Excuse Me?! I didn't post on this thread, and I certainly am not cheap.

#216687  by DutchRailnut

OOPs sorry (chomping on foot) thought it was you should have looked;-)

#216689  by Nester

DutchRailnut wrote:OOPs sorry (chomping on foot) thought it was you should have looked;-)
No problem -- we don't often agree, but I usually have to say something before you jump down my throat :)

Nester

#216869  by DutchRailnut

Ok lets go back to railroading there is a seperate subway forum to discus NYCTA issues.